Grief support groups are free and open to the community. Groups are held at our various offices. Some groups require registration, and groups are subject to change. Please call 216.486.6838 for time and location. We offer adult support groups, art therapy programs and groups for children and families.
View our summer 2015 support groups schedule.
Adult Support Groups
- Circle of Hope – A six-week education group for adults who have had a loved one die.
- Parents Together – A four-week support group for parents coping with the death of an adult child.
- Hope and Healing – An on-going monthly support group for adults grieving the death of a loved one.
- For the Young Adult – An on-going monthly grief support group for adults in their early 20s.
- Branches of Hope – A six-week group for adults who have experienced the death of both parents.
- New Beginnings – A monthly support group for young widows and widowers (age 55 and younger).
- New Journey – A monthly support group for widows and widowers of any age.
- Horizons – A monthly support group for older adults.
- Parent Loss Group – A monthly group for adults adjusting to life after the death of a parent.
- Massage Therapy – To help cope with stress, anxiety and fatigue. Call to schedule an appointment.
- Yoga Matters – Weekly yoga class to help you tune into yourself and take care of your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Return to top
Our art therapy classes, for children and adults, are held around the Greater Cleveland area and change several times a year.
Children and Family Support Groups
- Teen Retreat – Bridges of Courage is a retreat for teens ages 14 – 17 that have experienced the death of a loved one.
- S.T.A.R.S. – A six week support group for grieving children ages 6-12. Children and adults meet separately.
- Bereavement Day Camps – One day and 3-day bereavement camps for grieving children ages 6-12.
- Family Workshops – Holidays and special events for families that include creative activities to honor and commemorate the deceased loved one
Return to top
Click here to find our Grief Discussion Groups, a forum where you can share your stories, express your feelings and receive coping tips from others who are grieving and the professionals at the Elisabeth Severance Prentiss Bereavement Center.
Complete List of Support Groups
We offer a variety of support groups for anyone who has had a loved one die.