Location: Cleveland, OH
General Responsibility: Provides bereavement follow up to the Hospice of the Western Reserve families after the death of a loved one.
· Provides bereavement assessment screenings on patients’ families not followed by other team members.
· Provides bereavement intervention per Plan of Care with family identified as questionable or at risk for complicated grief and those families of uncomplicated grief not assigned to bereavement volunteers.
· Assists transdisciplinary teams with the identification of high risk situations and provides assessment and intervention as needed.
· Participates in transdisciplinary team conferences and keeps team apprised of bereavement assessments and interventions.
· Assists in identifying anticipatory bereavement risk factors.
· Facilitates bereavement support groups.
· Develops materials for About Grief.
· Is available for consultation with staff regarding bereavement matters.
· Coordinates and implements bi-annual agency Memorial service in collaboration with Spiritual Care Coordinators.
· Promotes the continued development and utilization of bereavement literature including updated list of community bereavement support groups, individual counseling services, adult and children’s packets.
· Develops, oversees, evaluates and refines bereavement services, policies and procedures and documentation in collaboration with Counseling Services Team Leader.
· Is available for emergency situations.
· Is flexible in meeting patient/family needs and speaking requests that require evenings and weekends.
· Assists with assigning and supervision of bereavement volunteers.
· Provides supervision and support to bereavement volunteers.
· Assists with staff development and support in alternative home settings by providing education and training and facilitates support groups related to grief and loss issues.
· Provides supportive counseling to community bereaved and appropriate referrals for ongoing counseling as indicated.
· Provides consultation and education to the community on grief and bereavement.
· Maintains and completes all required records, documentation and reports.
· Assists with various Bereavement Center programs as needed or assigned.
Requirements: Master's degree in social work or counseling preferred or a bachelor's degree in social work/counseling with at least 1 - 2 years experience in group work and counseling ; Clinical experience or skills relevant to grief and loss; ability to problem solve, make decisions and plan programs.
Click here to apply
Back to job listings
About Hospice of the Western Reserve
Hospice of the Western Reserve provides palliative end-of-life care, caregiver support, and bereavement services throughout Northern Ohio. In celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.