Location: Cleveland, OH
General Responsibility: As an integral part of the Development team, performs a wide range of fundraising activities to help maximize financial support and to realize the mission and vision of Hospice of the Western Reserve. Provides administrative support and assists in the daily operations of the team and related programs.
- Provides administrative support for all development team operations; responds to donor inquiries and requests for information; assists with procurement process and oversees management of office supplies.
- Attends Foundation Board and team meetings and presentations; assists with preparation of materials for meetings and presentations; takes notes and prepares minutes and reports as assigned; maintains related files and records.
- Represents development team on specific matters in liaison with other agency teams to advance the mission of Hospice of the Western Reserve.
- Serves as a backup/assistant for other team staff, particularly in the areas of data gift entry, and the preparation of donor acknowledgement letters and annual Fund pledge reminders; supports print and electronic communication efforts of the Advancement Office; provides front reception desk coverage as assigned.
- Assists with various agency events; manages RSVP lists, creates name tags and related event materials; helps with online and third-party fundraising activities; performs data searches in customer relationship and patient databases.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and non-profit work experience in an administrative staff position preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Knowledge of marketing platforms such as EMMA, One Cause, Kentico or other relevant software
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising/constituent management database in a data intensive organization
- Ability to plan, organize and administer programs and/or projects
- Ability to research, compile, and analyze data
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially mail merge, pivot tables, Word, and Outlook.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally and some light work and lifting requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds occasionally; work requires sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, standing, fingering, grasping and repetitive motions; vocal communication; hearing, and visual acuity. Employee is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Click here to apply.
Back to job listings
About Hospice of the Western Reserve
Hospice of the Western Reserve provides palliative end-of-life care, caregiver support, and bereavement services throughout Northern Ohio. In celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.