Weekend State Tested Nursing Assistant
Weekend position- 24 hrs Part time with Full time Benefits and Premium Pay
This position is every Saturday and Sunday.
JOIN US IN MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY DAY!
Hospice of The Western Reserve operates in celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.
We believe that our success starts with our greatest asset: OUR EMPLOYEES!
We live our shared core values in everything we do:
COMPASSION. EXCELLENCE. EQUALITY. INTEGRITY. SERVICE. STEWARDSHIP.
We have a passion for purpose driven work! Do you?
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
General Responsibility: Under the general supervision of a registered nurse, provides personal care in accordance with the patient's plan of care. Works with transdisciplinary team members as needed.
- Provides personal care and assists with patients' daily activities as outlined in the Plan of Care; maintains a safe environment and observes appropriate infection control precautions; assists in maintaining or improving the patient's independent functioning as patient's condition allows
- Ambulates/transfers patients as appropriate; reinforces the patient's proper use of assistive devices.
- Informs registered nurse of changes in the patient's condition or about unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues that may arise; recognizes and reports any changes in the mental or physical status of the patient to the nurse.
- Under the supervision of the nurse, assists patient with pre-poured medications that are ordinarily self-administered and that are prescribed by a physician; under the direction of the nurse, performs simple wound care, skin care, and bowel care protocols according to the plan of care where appropriate.
- Documents patient care following established standards of documentation practice and regulatory and licensure requirements; records in clinical records, and in other appropriate documents, the activities provided and observations of patient at the time of visit; completes all charting, timesheets and mileage logs as defined by the agency policy and procedures.
- Prepares nutritional snacks as appropriate for patient.
Click here to apply.
Back to job listings
About Hospice of the Western Reserve
Hospice of the Western Reserve provides palliative end-of-life care, caregiver support, and bereavement services throughout Northern Ohio. In celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.