2nd Annual CE Saturday
Join Hospice of the Western Reserve for a free CE event on Saturday, March 28 at St. Mary of the Woods, 35755 Detroit Road, Avon, OH 44011. Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. and includes a complimentary breakfast and snack. Pre-registration is required by Monday, March 16 to Cheryl Strang at email@example.com or 216.430.0955.
The event includes the following CE Opportunities at 1.0 contact hours each:
Dementia: Using “Gems” to Uncover Clarity
8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Define and identify four types of dementia
- Assess risk factors for dementia
- Describe the GEMS Model
- Recognize the difference between a Care Giver and a Care Partner
- Explain Person Centered Care and be able to demonstrate Hand Under Hand technique
Grief in the Workplace
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Describe the impact and cost of grief and loss in the workplace
- Define grief and loss
- List ways to support grieving employees
- Identify what to do when an employee dies
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Horizontal violence (also called lateral violence) between nurses is an act of aggression that’s perpetrated by one colleague toward another colleague. Although horizontal violence is usually verbal or emotional abuse, it can also include physical abuse and may be subtle or overt.
This presentation will:
- Define horizontal violence and identify how horizontal violence effects healthcare workers.
- Discuss ways to break the cycle of horizontal violence. Identify your own responsibility in improving the caregiver role.
Role of Culture and Religion at the End of Life
Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Describe differences between Religion and Spirituality and their benefits
- Define culture factors that affect end of life care.
- Describe some major religions and their end of life practices.
- Identify and discuss how racial/ethnic differences affect end of life care
Hospice of the Western Reserve, OLN-006-P, is approved as a provider unit of continuing education by the Ohio Board of Nursing through the approver unit at the Ohio League for Nursing (OBN-006-92) and provider unit status is valid through October 2020.
Hospice of the Western Reserve is approved by the State of Ohio’s Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board to provide professional continuing education for social workers (RSX079403). Program attendance at 100% for Nursing and Social Work and completion of the evaluation form is required to receive contact hours. Presenter acknowledges no vested interest. There is no commercial support for this activity.